Tuesday, November 15, 2011

I get crafty sometimes...

This summer my Mother-in-law let me take one of these old windows that she had. I was way excited about it. At first I sanded it down, painted it blue, and mod-podged some scrapbook paper to it. I added the lettering but didn't know what to put in the two outside windows. Pictures didn't look that great. Then I repainted it AGAIN. This time I painted it black and added some animal print to it. I grew out of my animal print phase so I decided to start over AGAIN. So, I knocked out the windows, sanded it down AGAIN, primed, and repainted the window an antique white. I then took it into a local glass store and they put the mirrors in for $4 a mirror! Side note- it was going to cost over $30 just for mirrors alone at a craft store. Always use the local  glass stores for these kinds of projects!  For the finishing touch I purchased some oil rubbed bronze spray paint to coat the original hardware. This was so much cheaper than buying new bronzed hardware and it turned out so great- plus I wanted to keep the original hardware on. Definitely worth the $7.

I don't have a picture of what the original window looked like or the animal print phase. I spent a lot of hours sanding this sucker- three different times!

Before ( I liked this but didn't know what to do with left and right windows)

After. I LOVE THE MIRRORS. I need to sand around the edges a little more but I need a break from sandpaper!



3 comments:

  1. Lindsay...It turned out SO cute! I can't wait to see you guys at Christmas!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Hallie...you were a witness of all of my sanding in Rexburg outside the door- haha! We can't wait to see you either. We will plan on coming out to Gary and Terri's one night for sure.
    Can't wait to see that cute little boy of yours! It has been too long!

    ReplyDelete